ぼくの日記

Monday, October 29, 2007

& I Still Got the Blues For...........

29th October 2007, Monday

Less than 4 days before flying off to Osaka, I should be all chirpy with anticipation but somehow my heart seems to be weighed down by mixed emotions...somehow I suddenly had the feeling of there's no place like home...my mood seems to be on a pendulum swing this week for sure...

It certainly didn't start off with the right note...Waking up late and getting to work even later definitely affects the mind frame to kick start a working week...
Fortunately the workload has been much reduced as I was tailing to the end of the current project and with my supervisor away to Brisbane for a week of training, our shackles seem to be removed, not that she was really keeping a close eye on what time we report to work as long as we get the work done...

While stuffing down the colossal "bao" for breakfast, I realized that the Casio Edifice watch I bought around 2 years ago seems to have something amiss... The digital timekeeping display as well as the seconds ticker had gone missing while the analog timekeeping hands are still moving...
The first thought of the cause might be an waning battery life which I was adamant that Casio had promised a 10 years battery warranty...
Then I tried the backlight and it works perfectly which gives me the ill-boding feeling that it could be more that the battery...since the missus' watch which I bought at the same time had now officially died off without any apparent reason...
Talk about drop in quality for the renowned digital watch brand...it only lasted me less than 3 years and you do know how affected I can become when my beloved gadgets and everyday tools fail on me without any warning...
The watch is still usable but without the digital interface it just doesn't seems complete and I will need the function of switching to 2 timezone when I am in Japan...what it time for the watch to fail on me...

This really brings me the blues all the way to work, as I kept wondering what could be the cause of the malfunction but to no avail...
Not in a very chatty mood at work as I just wanted it to end as soon as it could...

Got almost everything done over the weekend with the help of my missus with the packing of the luggages... This time round we are bringing a large and a small luggage and since the weather permits, there is no need for thick, insulating winter jackets which will take up quite a lot of space...
However at the end of the packing process, it seems like both luggages are filled to the brim and her idea of buying a large & hardy luggage (as she had targeted since our trip to Akihabara Yodobashi Camera) seems now very feasible.

Got pretty addicted to "FIFA 08" by EA on the NDS...The "Winning Eleven" on the NDS was playable as the Konami flagship has always maintained the quality but the lack of a league as well as commentary and other sound effects make it pretty dull after a while...
I have never been lobbying for EA's long running soccer game, discrediting it as an inferior product in terms of game play compared to WE or Pro Evolution... However for a console platform like NDS, graphics take a backseat but FIFA 08 provides pretty impressive graphics better than WE which my friend EK mentioned looks like ants playing football...And since they possess the license to create all the real-life players
There is commentary by some dweeb who keeps repeating himself but sure better than no commentary at all...some indies music which should be cheaper than radio-friendly tracks used in previous renditions of "FIFA"...
There are plenty of teams, both international & clubs to choose from and the transfer is pretty updated.. except for the presence of Giuly & Belletti in my Barca squad and no Milito.
When I first tried out the game, I found the buttons don't make any sense and surely not the same old "one button" game I was used to all the while with this series...
Then I realize when I tweak to "arcade controller mode" it was much easier though I still have difficulty shackling down opponents before they blazed into my penalty area...
Even at "amateur" I seriously suck and NDS certainly doesn't possess a comfortable chassis especially the "L" & "R" button which are crucial to create magic on the field...
Nevertheless it was still a footballing game on NDS worth commenting and with Wi-Fi function I wonder could we hook up more than 2 players for a game..and with experience of "Virtua Tennis" on PSP, I still think NDS' Wi-Fi beats its Sony counterpart hands down...
With a manager mode in which I need to manage a team for 5 season to gather some prestige points, I feel I have a game for me to indulge in for every 5 - 10 minutes I need to wait in my everyday life style...

Japanese word of the day: 耐久(Durable) What happen to gadgets that can last you for ages? Feel so ripped off at times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home