ぼくの日記

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Ode to My Mother

8th May 2005, Sunday

It's Mother's day Sunday, and our island began to be shrouded in torrential rain since early morning, and comes fittingly on a Sunday morning, sure makes you late wake up really nice and cosy, cuddling in the warmth of your blanket/futon/bed covers/quilt...

While everyone at home is still dozing away, one person was already up and going; cooking with heart and soul, a sumptous breakfast to satisfy her family...

It was my mom, and perhaps thus far the most important person in my life for the last 2 decades or so...

My father has always been the straight face, stoic one who worked his ass off to provide for our family and kudos to him, but when it comes down to an individual, the role of a mother would and could never be replaced....

I'm a mommy's boy, which you all know and my dependance on mom has attained a malignant stage and I doubt even would be independant when I start my own family, heck I even plan to live with my parents after settling down... It is because I knew my mother would be an asset to any family...
She single-handedly prevent the likes of me and my sister from going astray and successfully develop into a much better individual both morally and academically... I couldn't imagine me becoming what I am if not for mom

Like myself, my sister and my father are equally dependant on mom.. She is the very one to lend a listening to listen to their ranting and whining and believe there sure is a lot... In fact I really doubt whether there would be another woman on earth would put up Dad's unreasonable, spontanaeous and self-centered fits and disrespectful blast and glare... Mom always said if not for us, she might really ask for a divorce years ago... Mom is a very smart and hardworking woman, and I believe if the family did not pull her down, she might be a successful businesswoman...

With her around, the house is always neat and tidy, we always have food to eat, clean and ironed clothes to wear, and of course the house is always bustling with activities.... In her absence, Dad became a literal "invisible man" which revealed how reluctant Dad was when Mom is off for her rare mahjong session with my aunties or a trip to Malaysia...

Beside tirelessly maintaining the well-being domestically, Mom is also able to juggle with her job which helps to supplement the finance of the house... From an electronic factory worker to a supermarket assistant to now a cleaning lady of a factory, Mom has always been a model worker who works relentlessly and without any complains...never late and absence without leave...

Seriously there's no words could express my love for mom, nor any carnation, gift or a Yumcha tim sum breakfast... I knew her biggest wish now is to see me and my sis settling down soon and me of course deliver a grandchild for her to cherish... so been a useless son for the last 26 years, I hope I could at least do that for her real soon...

Last but not least, thanks Mom..your devotion and love for us is very much appreciated..Happy Mother's Day


Japanese word of the day: 母 ~ha-ha~ (My Mother) She is irreplacable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home