ぼくの日記

Sunday, September 04, 2005

疲れた

4th September 2005, Sunday

YES..I'm back and reaping the rewards of my fulfilling trip to Japan...

I have almost accomplished all the objectives I had set before the trip..
The Numero Uno has to be the proposal to my lass... It did materialized despite not a original plan went awfully wrong and not a tinge of romanticism in it which she would chastise me for the rest of the days we spent growing old together..

But still I'm better than most stoic Singaporean men out there..at least I did not just say "we should go apply a HDB flat" shit ...

Anyway I would give the entire scoop in my travelouge which I am trying to do as soon as I could before my focus got shifted to something else...

It was really great to see and experience everything we had set out for...
Meeting people who helped us so much along the way...Vincent, Miyano, Reedy and Matthew were great companions for the Wonder Festival... Hiroki and the Mori family as well as Eriko & Sou are such hospitable souls which made us so reluctant to leave Iwate...
My buddy, TW had been a great guide as well in Osaka and it was sure "retro" to talk shit with him once again...

The food we got to eat was sumptous and taste unforgettable, from Okasan's Oden, onigiri and spaghetti to the famous Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki found in Dotonbori-suji in Osaka to that nice little restraunt with that pink elephant logo embedded under the Ueno eki railway tracks as well as the tasty croissant offered in our daily buffet breakfast in Hotel Riva Nankai...

Shopping was great as well as my lass could verified with am absurdly overweight luggage which nearly got us to pay more as we returned...

Well the trip was meant to let us take a breather from our hectic working lives and a rare opportunity to spend quality time (as quoted from CS) together which was an objective well-met...

Now 14 days later and back to our little mundane island free from the earthquakes and typhoons we are so dreaded to meet but lucky to dodge...
We just gotta face the reality of our lives now the vacation has ended...

I was actually glad to have the local weather especially with the characteristic sogginess these weekend...
We got well burnt in Tokyo and Osaka from the gruelling summer daytime...

The one-hour difference in time was not supposed to be too great but we had accustomed to sleep at around 11pm Singapore time and waking up at around 5 in the morning since the sun was up as early as 5 am Japan time...so we actually is suffering for a mild level of jet-lag

Now there is actually some butterfly in my stomach to go back to work on coming Tuesday after absence for half a month or so...

It was great to see my family again despite I received a not so happy piece of news of Dad suffering a blood pressure so high he nearly got stroke, now he started to get into a more healthy lifestyle (as if he has not adopted one so far).. sure pray he will attain that clean slate of health for years to come....

My lass' family woes need plenty of resolution and at times I am lost on what I could for her except to be her listening ears and constantly giving her reassurance and advice...
But things are rosy as we starting to plan for our holy matrimony soon...

Glad to reunite with my La Tendo clique yesterday, all was present, even Ferris' brother, Bryan but Chan was working overtime...
They love the goodies I brought back for them and the photographs sure effectively enticed Karen to yearn for a Japan vacation of her own...

Well it will take a while for my life to get back on track to before the trip and hope the next Japan trip could come on soon...

Japanese word of the day:帰りました ~ka-e-ri-ma-shi-ta~ (Returned) home after 14 amazing days in heavens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home