ぼくの日記

Thursday, September 15, 2005

~ You & Me, up in the Trees~~

15th September 2005, Thursday

Been contracted with the ear worm called "Trees", an original composition by one of the finalist in "Rock Star: INXS", Marty which he encored last night after many inlcuding INXS themselves felt injustice for not been picked for encore last week..
That honour was given to J.D. with his "Pretty Vegas" which he too performed last evening, for the 3rd time...
This week the final 4 had to go face to face with the band for a in-depth interview and it was pretty clear who the band actually favors from the lot..
Suzie seemed jittery and fumble when been asked some questions, perhaps due to nerves and that didn't impress the lads while they felt Mig was too much a theatre-guy, which might not be the right one they are looking for...

So it was J.D. & Marty who seemed more composed especially the latter who exudes self-confidence that impressed the band...

For performance, each did 2 songs chosen by the band and all four did splendidly well.. Suzie hit the spot to warm the audience while J.D. add some aspects of interactivity to his performance.. Marty's acoustic rendition of "Trees" with Dave Navarro on guitar was splendid while Mig showed a dark side of him with the Rolling Stones' "Paint it Black"...

So it's hard to imagine to figure who would go out to reveal the final 3..Personally I think it might be Suzie but Mig got the least vote when the line was opened last night..so we'll see later on...

Used my parents' OTO Trimax to ease the niggling sore on my neck and it did wonders after 10 minutes of vigourous electronic massage...

Found out a weird phenomenon shrouding my brand new PC... despite choosing "Turn Off" in the WinXP to totally shut the system down, it will reboot on it's own all over again and require a hard turn off from the casing's power supply...

Back at work today, I felt the girls been giving me cold shoulders since yesterday but perhaps I haven't had taken much initiative to talk to them for the past week, meanwhile Bobby has grown inclined to them as I was when i first got to know them well...

Had a conversation with Mom yesterday about something that had kinda got on my nerves recently...

My lass was invited to be one of the bridesmaid troop for a former colleague of hers. It was her first time and of course was pretty upbeat about the whole process of discussing what to do, making matching gowns, throwing hen party with the bride, going for manicure and pedicure session, in expense of taking annual leave for someone she might barely knows...

What really irks me is that most of these affairs she would have to foot the bill herself? Hey wait a minute shouldn't the bride be the one paying?
You get someone to do you a favour, to take leave to go through all these things for you, might even have to give you and your groom an "ang pow" and you expect them to pay the charges for almost everything? I don't quite get it man... But obviously my lass and other gullible ladies are willing to splurge for someone's happiness...

Then the fact of these bridesmaids are to spice things up on the actual day of ceremony by sabotaging the groom and his band of nitwits...er sorry band of brothers/ bestmen and extort money from the poor grown before they allow him to step in to fetch his bride..Even then they would come out with some crap ideas to put the groom (if it's me I'll snap by then) to proclaim his love for his wife-to-be...Reminds me of Freshmen Orientation Camp back in my university days all over again..

This maybe why sometime I feel I should do without the whole frigging ceremony...

Japanese word of the day: 唄~u-ta~ (Song) for now Marty's song is been embedded in my head

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home