ぼくの日記

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ugh... Not again

21st September 2005, Wednesday

Today is a day filled with plenty of "ugh... not again"

Case No. 1

After happily uploaded plenty of my travel photos onto my domain, I logged in this afternoon to upload some html files to the same domain and found out that the domain provider had closed down my domain overnight...DAMN!!
This is the 2nd time and I realized that it could have been my domain name which was both "gr" followed by a number in both cases which led to the closure. My other domains bearing other names by the same provider are still intact. Well just had to meticulously and patiently upload everything from scratch again...

Case No. 2

JxMMy is on urgent leave...yes again... and heard that he had to sent his wife to the hospital once more...poor JxMMy's wife...
Well I really took his absence with a pinch of salt and with Bobby been very much attached to the girls to learn their project as to assimilate him over to cover for the departing BY, I had pretty much the liberty to run my own show, which had not happened in a while, especially good on a midweek when the demand of our service is very much reduced.

Case No. 3

After looking through the online help to rectify my DVD-R problem, I tried the 2 possibilities mentioned that might be the cause of my burning failure. However my DMA was okay and after flashing my LG super multi writer with the latest firmware, my problem persisted. Ugh..Not Again.. I immediately left my dilemma on both CD-R Zone & Hardware Zone, hoping some kind souls would lend their expertise but the response was worse off than just lukewarm.
Well at least I managed to got contacted with CS who is in in-camp training for the next 3 weeks thus a bit more time than usual. His simple advice is for me to bring down my DVD writer for a one-to-one exchange from the retailer as it could be the best solution...

Case No. 4

Following up with my parents' (actually more of my mom) interest in the free Digital Voice plan under my cable subscriber, I made yet another call to the sales hotline, hoping to get it over with especially with Dad intending to cancel our home telephone line today. Everything was a breeze till the sales officer mentioned that the free plan is only for a limited period till 2007. (Yup there's a catch from them once again after my fracas a few years back when I first applied the cable internet service)
Which looks to me to left only 15 months or so of free service before they would actually charge us again. The modem and the installation fee accounted to around $160 which was already the subscription fee for 16 months or so, so it's not that free afterall.. So after confirmation with my parents, we all felt it would be less hassle to just maintain the line we had...

Looking forward to the "Rock Star:INXS" finale tonight as well as more uploading to do into a brand new domain...sigh..not again...
Japanese word of the day: もう一度~mou-i-chi-do~ (Once again) something just come back to haunt you over and over again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home