ぼくの日記

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Online help...

20th September 2005, Tuesday

Watched the 57th Emmy's Awards last night and personally I felt was one the better ones I had seen in years.. despite knowing a few shows been nominated such as "Lost", "Desperate Housewives", "24", "Everybody Loves Raymond" etc, I was really into the jokes by people like Ellen deGenerees, Jon Stewart and Conan O'Brien who's prize-giving segment for the "Best Actress in sitcom" made me giggling silly even in my verge of dozing off..It also reminded me how much I miss watching "Late Show with David Letterman" when he came out of the show to paid tributes to the late Johnny Carson
All in all, the show made me stayed up all the way to 1 a.m which a toll on me as groggy was an understatement as I staggered my way to work today...


My sketchy communication barrier with the girls got rectified a little from the start of this week and with Se Ban, the obnoxious despot that can be fickle-minded and showed impartial treatments over everyone, we definitely shared a common enemy to curse about.. We also had a session of comparing some of BY's old polytechnic classmates' (JxMMy included) changes in appearance over the course of last 14 years as BY revealed a class photo taken back in her first year and it's astonishing to see a few figures grew to a point beyond recognition.. it's not just putting on weight nor a few more lines of wisdom on the face, but a total make-over.. Bad as it is, it sure was entertaining scorning on others' misfortunes....

With the problem of my DVD Writer unable to burn DVD as it was supposed to, I decided to go online to search for the reason behind the error and see it what ways beside bringing in for one-for-one exchange, that I could rectify it..
Indeed with the vast particpations of computer expertises worldwide, I did get a solution that might seem to able to solve my dilemma, let's cross my fingers that that's true tonight...

My parents after been advised by a cousin that being a subscriber of my cable internet provider, we are entitled a free Digital Voice (Internet telephony) service which we just needed to pay for the special modem and a one-time installation fee, we could enjoy unlimited local calling for free, and only required to pay for overseas dialling..This of course was very appealing to them and since then they had been on my back to get it done... well we should be able to see the progress in the next couple of days

My lass informed me of joining her and her secondary school friends for dinner on coming Friday evening as her friends would be bringing their other halves as well..wow, now I am like an accessory..plus it really antagonizes 2 soft spots of mine..having to pay for dining with strangers on a night which i should be resting at home...well but it's one of those one-off request and I felt obligated to be subdued to her request....
Japanese word of the day:変化する ~hen-ka-su-ru~ (Change) Dunno how much I have changed from myself 14 years ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home