ぼくの日記

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's been a while...

14th September 2005, Wednesday

So my girl had her "mee-sua" to commemorate her turning to the age of 24 last night. She even got a new hair color which needed much reassurance from me for the entire evening. But there were some nonchalant notes along the way like when she wanted me to sing her "Happy Birthday" song as she was about to blow the candle off the pathetically small tiramisu cake I had gotten from her from Four Leaves, I was sneezing non-stop and was more concerned about the wax dripping off the litted candle. Feeling jaded, she whined about me not indulging her needs when I began berating her about my running nose, which left a bad taste in her mouth..

I also sort of told her off for buying me 2 pair of toe-socks when I am tight in my budget... which I really am sad to say, especially after getting my powerful PC...

But we did spend the remaining of the short night together as her plan to return home was hindered by a passing shower...
However I had to spend a good hour or so chatting with my buddies, CS and TW on MSN when TW was more preoccupied with his other contacts earlier on and CS reporting for night duties to his other half for the latter part... But nonetheless it had been a long while the 3 of us really chat together which definitely filled whining about life sucks as well as trying to fish out the latest scoop about each others' lives especially between them 2 since I am always like the middleman to both of them especially with TW now thousand of kilometres away physically...

Think my stiff neck got worse after sleeping in that confined mattress beside my bed the entire night as my girl still is not used to the air-con vents blowing directly towards my bed... will try to remedy the sore neck with that OTO Trimax my parents had gotten during my Japan trip

Got a surprise visit by BH yesterday afternoon as he beckoned me to join him for lunch just before his resignation actually kicks in next week.. Through our short conversation, I could sense and even empathise with his angst and discontent with the admin of our insttute as they continually refusing to acknowledge his newly acquired degree which could prompt better pay & benefit package, a situation faced by LF as well. Leaving with no choice, he had to leave for greener pasture else where which at least bother to validate his degree which he had painstakingly acquired. He constantly jibes about how disillusion staff feel these days especially with pay increment is going at such slow rate and benefits here seeems to be much inferior to the sister institutes under the same company. What's worst is that the admin has no urge to make the staff to stay especially when they view everyone dispensable and replacecable and the fact that there maybe hundreds of applications from fresh graduates make it much easier for them to allow senior staff who had slaved for them for years to go at the blink of the eye...

I might actually have to seriously look into other career alternatives (something I had been preaching for a while but never practise what I had preached).
One good channel might be the service facilities I am in charge of doing. If it did turn out well, perhaps I could persuade them to sign me as their full time staff, at least they could give me a better renumeration, benefits and bonuses. I'm seriously fell way shot of my target of 3K per month within my 3rd year of working.

Well I always let fate takes me where I should go..sadly unaspiring but that's me...

Anyway learnt from my lass that her brother rejected my kind offer to pass my old PC to them, which made me wanna sell it off cheap, at least I could recoup some money..but first I might need to seek guidance from CS on whether that is feasible...

Japanese word of the day: 仲間~na-ka-ma~ (Buddies) Hope there would be a reunion of the Wreckers soon but doubt possible

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home