ぼくの日記

Monday, September 19, 2005

(R)uined (P)riority (G)uage

19th September 2005, Monday

It feels pretty weird to work on Monday once again after been missing from work for the past 4 Mondays...sure feel the brunt of the manic Monday as the Bangles would verify..

So it was a pretty unproductive Mooncake Festival weekend for me... was supposed to do a few things as described on last Friday's post such as drawing the rough budget spreadsheet for 2006, but just not felt compelled to do so...

However something common had been pre-occupy my entire weekend...

The notion of Role Playing Games was very prominent...
On Friday evening, Ferris beckoned me to dropby La Tendo (which i would even he didn't beckon me) to be screened the premiere of the highly anticipated "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children"....
Getting quite excited about the direct-to-DVD CG movie by Square-Enix to tie up the loose ends of the RPg Playstation/PC game that rocked the scene back in 1995, I brought along with me a packet of Lays Potato (Salt & Vinegar flavor, don't try it unless you had craving for really salty and sour chips) and a gallon of lemon tea, only to find out the crew were already nearing the end of the 2nd screening.. This was followed by a 3rd and 4th for the day to a point that Karen who had been there since 9 in the morning as she was taking lesson in building resin kits from Ferris had gotten a bit sick of the whole show...

Seriously I had not get the full grip of it which I I think I would after I actually sit down and watch the entire movie from the very first second till the end..but then I doubt I would either

As Howe Chern who messaged me on MSN last night that unless you actually played the game, it would be like watching for fantastic CG of beautfiul metropolitician characters with rebond hair-do engaging in some of the most well-choreographed fight scene that might put Jackie Chan or the Matrix to shame...well it definitely was nostalgic to see Cloud and the game again even Sephiroth, Aeris & Zack despite their brief appearances...and Tifa was a babe once more..hubba hubba...

I wanted to rip a copy of the movie with my newly-acquired LG Internal Super Multi DVD writer to find out that the DVD writing function on Nero kept hitting error...so I tried writing CD-R and that could work...I tried other programs to burn DVDs and none seemed to be able to work... I felt a tinge of been cheated and definitely will wanna resolve this issue by end of this week....

I mentioned about playing "Football Manager 2005" on my new PC and that did not turn out well either as I could not load nor start a game with my copy...so I diverted my attention on the Microsoft/ Gas-powered highly raved sequel to "Dungeon Siege", an action RPG game which reminds me a lot of "DnD Baldur's Gate", "Fall-out" and "Diablo" series... Actually I just wanted to test how powerful my processing speed and graphics card can perform in a high-end gaming environment, and slowly as the game progressed I could see how it managed to make my good friend, CS addicted to it (not hard, trust me)...
However it was pretty tough battling through the very first act, and defintely a no-good gamer scum like me would definitely be requiring a trainer to help me through...

So basically played the game for the most of the Sunday which was the 15th of the 8th Month on the Lunar calendar and my lass came over for a reunion with my family.

After knowing that she had to foot half the bill for the dress made customary for her friend's wedding which accounts to around $100+, I was lambasting her of spending way too much for someone else's leisure. Well you should know me by now of been to self-centered to care about other people, so it would be a natural reaction from me which irked her...well that is another stark difference between the 2 of us...
Japanese word of the day: 遊ぶ ~a-so-bu~ (Play) think will spend a bulk of my next few days playing my new-found addiction

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home