ぼくの日記

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Safety Failed

6th September 2005, Tuesday

My first day back to work after a good fornight of vacation...

My lass had been kinda clingy of me as we had afterall seeing each other for everyday for the past 2 weeks, even on Sunday evening, I stayed over at her place as she had requested (well the weather was a bit cooling, so fine for me who was too used to sleeping in a cool room, ran by an air-conditioner)

Yesterday we spent the early part dozing off while watching "世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ" DVD borrowed from Karen, and I must say I actually prefer the dorama version...
After lunching at my place, we proceed to get the proposal ring changed for the correct size she would be comfortable with, which was when we had our eyes locked on a pair of wedding band made of platinum (god knows how true is that) and had vine engraved on the rustic silver band, something she knew I would like and she herself had grown accustomed to...
This pair from Goldheart Jewellery cost close to 1K each and we both felt it's better to wait for some sale like when I got my proposal ring from...

Spent the rest of the evening, starting to concot my travelogue; something I think would be preoccupying my free time for the next couple of weeks...
We took an astonishing 1000 over pictures and even after scrutinising selection, there still was close to 1000 and if I put 20 in one page, I would have to compose a good 50 pages...wowee...

Anyway the big news to welcome me back to work is the fact that our institute failed an impromptu safety audit drastically which drove our usually-composed director into pique and lambasted the respective P.I.s to sort out all the safety issues and restructure our respective labs as they tried to persuade the auditors to return for a 2nd chance..for us it's the same thing: to do correct the wrongs, not incurring any safety regulations and hopefully beautify the dreadful state of our labs...

My supervisor was pretty upbeat about having the full strength back for close to a month..
She was glad everything got onto track smoothly and hopes we can work as a well-oiled engine...
However little did she knew that BY has already got a job offering in our rival institute (just across the road) and would not goes down too well with Old Hag (our administrative director).
But it's still down to BY, 'cos the other side definitely has greener pastures as they would not be the apple of the eye of the company for nothing...Just hope her prospective lab is not as clouted with politics as rumored to be...

The girls bugged me to give an account of my proposal while updating me the latest scoop about the happenings in the lab..
JxMMy told me about his enthralling visit to the States when he got to see high technological and immense throughput which deep inside he was dying to introduce over at our side (fat hope!)

Bobby seemed to start carving a niche in the lab, one month into his stint and sure entertains the girl with his lifestyle and norms (who doesn't entertain the girls..maybe JxMMy)

Well beside BY, a few people around the place would be resigning soon, including my old soccer team-mate BH as well as Has, my old university lab partner who I felt guilty shoving her into the cold, inhumane chasm of Se Ban...
Gotta wish everyone all the best and if our current institute doesn't improve in correctly rewarding their staff, many would follow..maybe myself if I could find a better option soon...
Japanese word of the day: 安全 ~an-zen~ (Safety) Our institute totally fails it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home