ぼくの日記

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bring the Booze Please...

23rd November 2005, Wednesday

The nice cooling weather remains for the entire night and into the twilight, making it so comfortable to just snuggle in the warmth of your bed and sheets, except that.... it's only Wednesday and you still have to creep up to go to work... GMD!
It's been a long long while since I can actually sleep without having the air conditioner on (yes I'm a spoilt mama's boy, so bite me monkey boys and girls!) but last evening I believe the temperature drop to a nice,chilly 24 degrees and even with a little slit on my window panes, I am able to receive some breeze blowing in...
In the morning it got really freezing as the rain wouldn't stop and even the water from the pipes is ice cold...definitely the typical autumn weather to busk in...
I feel if the weather persist, I was compelled to wear something thicker to work and so put on this red cashmire long-sleeves I had bought from a UNIQLO boutique back in 2003 which really keeps you warm within (since it was the winter fashion when I got it), meaning if you are to wear under the normal equatorial hot weather, you will be totally drenched in sweat..much like a good sauna session...
Everything was cool till the sun comes out to drive all the chill air away as I proceed towork..damn...just my luck...

Work was as usual and with the manpower we had should be slightly more than suffice to a state that Lance came in to work on Monday (he was absent without leave yesterday) claiming his only task was a very minimal house keeping chore.. kinda empathize his plight as currently as YM mentioned we are already fighting for things to do and with limited equipment, the problem was much compounded...therefore the fact that 2 more attachment students in the month of December should be a dubious idea...
In addition, our job is so routine and mundane I'm sure the newcomers would bemoan that they had been "tricked" into this attachment...
Well we'll have to wait and see...

The same day next month we will have our X'mas get-together and some of us are already discussing what to do and what food to bring in for the potluck.. So I just suggested to Lance to bring some booze and somehow I am not surprised that he agreed...saying he should have enough Chivas Regal, Jack Daniels and Bailey's to keep everyone high...
And this is from the youngest member of the brood who of course kind of strive to "cheong" (clubbing)...This is actually quite ok as we can use the liquor as punishment drink in some games as long as no one drives on that day; and a real X'mas party should have some wine or liquor to accomodate the festive spirits...

Well the anniversary celebration this Friday looks rosy enough, now that my lass had got the tickets for "Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire" (which was highly acclaimed by those who had watched it) and I have just reserved seats at "The Rice Table", so we will have ala carte Indonesian cuisine buffet to fill our stomach on that day which is a good thing that we are going for lunch and not dinner which at least save me $12 on the total bill (yes I am such a scrooge)...
My leave on Friday is also pretty significant as I could actually "siam" a meeting for the web portal of the shared facilities which I had sort of been coerced to join the team though I hadn't been around much (especially during my ICT period) for the assessment..
There would also be a fire drill for this 2nd half of the year which I would have to fulfill my role as a fore warden once again...so basically since I would be absent, I am off the hook, buddies...

Finally just a walk down the memory lane with my sis, brought me to remember one of my all time fave Mediacorp (formerly TCS) actress (more like performer), Michelle Goh....
She can't act for Christ's sake back then in the mid 1990s but her status as one of the sexists lady in Singapore (according to a publications known as FHM) got me well hooked in my puberty days...
She would always pout and scringe her feline-like eyes which perhaps now Caucasians relate as the exotic Oriental look, which manage to get her into cameos into shows like "Dark Angel" and movies like "Out For a Kill" which stars, you guessed it..Steven Segal...
Not bad for someone who can't really claims to have acting skills but then those who scarred their resume in a local series known as "VR Man" could be proud to say they are acting... (James Lye is now happily married and into banking; Lisa Ang is more suited for hosting in Channel News Asia while Mark Richmond is now a producer in Mediacorp radio and would pick commentating soccer than reprising his role as "Tic Tic Man" again)
Gosh I missed those classic nonsensical crap we had on TV those days...not like now those program on TV are not crappy enough as well...

Japanese word of the day: 飲む ~no-mu~ (Drink) be prepared to drink lots of alcohol for the 12 days of X'mas.... 5 GOLDEN RINGS!!..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home