ぼくの日記

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Insensitive in the autumn weather?

22nd November 2005, Tuesday

In the Northern hemisphere, the autumn season should be well kicked in and perhaps even passing the baton to winter...over here in Singapore, we never had the luxury of busking in nice, breezy weather, and appreciating the change of colour from lush green to soothing red/ orange with the natural vegetation...the closest we had was a persistant monsoon season which brings down the temperature by a few degrees, with is more profound when I was younger rather than nowadays when the earth is suffering from global warming and now even global dimming...

However last evening as I strolled my way home, I was watching the evening skyline as the cool breeze is blowing nicely on my face as I gazed at the feather-like clouds moving with the direction of the wind until I need knock over an Indian lady who was coming from the opposite direction who perhaps had her sight on something else as well...

This morning the cool weather remains and it was sure revitalising to actually get to work without your back all drenched in perspiration after a walk from place to place...

In the Northern hemisphere, there is also something known as "pollen flu" which is usually linked with the changing of season and perhaps my family as well as many Singaporeans are down with flu as well...After my one hell week of flu on board ship, it's now my dad who is at the brunt of an unrelentless cough which is the 3rd phase of his flu since last week...

My lass came home from her seminar in KL last evening just before the stroke of midnight but it's puzzling why we can't keep our cool in such wonderful weather as we had a tiff over trival matters, I felt I am the one to blame for been rather petty and highly insensitive..but all is good after she had a good sleep and woke up fresh this morning...

So it was confirmed that we would not be having a half day on the 23rd despite having the X'mas party at work as it was not X'mas eve afterall, and the admin has to play by the book...
Which really hinders our little get-together over my place that day which now deems to begin only in the evening with pretty limited time to spend together...might even contemplating on the 24th but doubt many would be free to attend...

With YM bound to tender her resignation by January, she had started to impart her meticulous knowledge in keeping the paperworks to me, Bobby & Triana...But I am also afraid that the younger ones could not really catch up in time especially the "situation awareness"... I always know Bobby is not too into house-keeping and needs to be reminded at times (though he is still much better than JxMMy in that aspect)..but I can't be always around to give you heads-up...
One good example would be he was helping the girls with something which requires a specific equipment which we had one each housed at the 2 lab area..While verifying the availability of the equipment over at our side, he started preparing the reaction enthusiastically without realising that the other equipment located just behind where he is doing his preparations would not be usuable for sometime due to servicing.. There was a big note pasted there, so he could not say he didn't know... so there you goes with that certain sense of awareness with his surroundings.

Japanese word of the day: 秋~a-ki~ (Autumn) wish we could have at least 2 months when the mean temperature remains at below 10 degrees celsius..damn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home