ぼくの日記

Monday, November 28, 2005

Go where to Yum Seng??

28th November 2005, Monday


Been a thoroughly swamped morning as there was a pile of left-overs from last Friday's evening unexpected surge that resulted I had to help "square up" whatever being left behind form JxMMy who once again on his day of leave, left a nice long, hand-written "love letter" instructing to me what to do and what not to do.
I ought to rasped by receiving such a note but his absence today does sooth the inner me a bit.
Bobby didn't help much seriously when I was deeply engaged with the routine Monday house-keeping chores when he picked this specific timing to have the joint review over his appraisal with our supervisor and when he is done, I had already accomplished almost everything.

Nonetheless it is a bright start to the week without the disturbing sight of the shaven back of JxMMy's ovoid head....

With the date for my "traditional" wedding ceremony been fixed, it is now to settle one immediate affair which can make or break the entire process..the wedding banquet.
Ok last evening my lass & I had went through the list of guests we had intended to invite which accounted to roughly 14 tables of 10 (in mathematically sense, it's around 140 people) and in addition to the number of tables required for both sides of the family, we had came out with a nice number of "28".
This implied that I really had to work within the tight budget of $700 and below (tax included) in order to accomodate the presence of 28 tables to slap the grand total of below 20K.
Therefore we can kiss several lavish hotel ballrooms around Orchard or surrounding town area goodbye...
In fact our original plan was to just hold it at some cozy restaurant and rent a room at our beloved Ritz Carlton where we could rest after the ceremony is done with.

Price aside, next seems like the amazingly good year for all prospective couples to undergo their holy matrimony despite the presence of 2 Lunar 7th Months (which no one in the right sense of mind would get married unless they wanted to invite some deceased ancestors as well). Therefore the alarm is ringing for the fact that several "hotspots" had been well reserved all the way to the end of next year...
Therefore there is not much time for us to contemplate on the likely candidates and bang on any with the availability on the date we had chosen.

Looking through the bridal magazine, there is a couple of interesting ones...
The first is The Blue Ginger at Tanjong Pagar which serves authentic Peranakan & Cantonese cuisine. However when I made the enquiry in the morning, I was immediately snubbed by the fact that the restaurant would only be ideal for small wedding banquet of less than 110 (I wish i could keep that kind of crowd); so no need for further consideration.

Next is the Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant situated at the southern area (beside Harborfront & PSA). I got a rough idea what the revolving restaurant which is situated on top of the Prima Deli bakery factory. Nice view of Sentosa and the fact it is revolving always make it exciting for the guest (NOT!) There is also the complimetary savoury smell of well-baked breads from the factory below. The prices is pretty attractive as well starting from $428; and I believe the venue has enough capacity to hold 280 people. Well the main problem is the availability I guess, just have to enquire.

My mom has been throwing accolades about the revamped "Xing Fu Jiu Lou" which we always memories of their tasty Dim Sum. But situated in the middle of the Toa Payoh heartlands,my lass felt is not posh enough, that I could not rebute on...However we are keeping our options open on that.

Well finding the ideal restaurant would be a headache which might transforms into a persistant migraine that torture me for the next couple of months.

Anyway the wedding bells would still be ringing for the next fornight or so when I had to attend Weiliang's wedding at the Holiday Inn this coming Saturday evening while just got the invitation from Siti from the neighboring lab for her traditional Malay ceremony (yes at the void deck...hot diggidy!!) on the 11th of December...time to take notes of what to expect...
Japanese word of the day: (Searching) for the ideal place for friends to drown me alcohol and make me doing silly things on my special day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home