ぼくの日記

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Calling Truce

6th December 2005, Tuesday

Yet another wonderful day at work without the morale-sapping presence of JxMMy and I even took over his side project under Se Ban gracefully without a glitch under the mentor of Bobby. Well if we had mastered the hefty report generation for the results, I'm sure we can do without his presence foe a prolonged period....

YM returned after her half day yesterday and that episode when she broke down due to whatever that had been bothering her yesterday. She claimed that it's the indifference in working partners but Bobby felt skeptical about it, insisting it had to be some relationship problem (as he accompanied with a very chauvinistic sweeping comment "as there's the only problem bothering girls").
She was quick to update me that LF (with a gallon of whining included) won't be coming for the X'mas get-together and with her personal dissent with our newer work partners, she does not felt compelled to come as well.
Great...so much for sparing a thought for the organiser....
Well at this point of time I myself felt discouraged by the ongoings as well and calling it truce with the whole party thingie, saving me some money, my mom's efforts to cook up some dishes as well as a half day leave which I was planning to take on that day.
I can take a complete day the Monday before to go out with someone who appreciates me more, of course with my wife-to-be, for a movie date for Peter Jackson's new blockbuster, "King Kong" and some X'mas shopping.

Last evening managed to catch the pilot episode of the new Taiga dorama series, "Yoshitsune" starring none other than one half of "Tackey & Tsubasa", the only other Japanese actor that would made me turned gay other than Nagase from Tokio, Takizawa Hideaki.
This warring dorama which depicts the life chronicles of a legendary hero named Minamoto no Yoshitsune and his accomplishments with his eclectic but glit-edged band of vassals. Of course the star power which could be paralleled only by recent Taiga series (the last I had been captivated and shed a few tears have to be the 2004 series,"Shinsengumi").
The cast includes several method actors and aristrocratic veteran actors in Japan and of course popular faces from the acting and even music scene including Matsudaira Ken (Matsuken Samba!), Abe Hiroshi (from Trick), Goto Maki, Ueto Aya,Inamori Koizumi, Koizumi Koutaro (PM Koizumi's son), Oguri Shun (Hanazawa Rui!) and even Densha Otoko himself,Itoh Atsushi...
There is much nicer cinematography this time round and teh narration is clear and crisp and with proper subtitling, this is really like a very efficient history textbook with even a trivial at the end of each episode.
Of course the improved editing from NHK which give us a sneak preview of what to come as Yoshitsune turned manhood and his realization that he is under the Genji bloodline which got me all excited, only to realise that I still have 48 more episodes to cath up..DAMN...
Nonetheless hope to stock up enough episodes to keep me entertain this X'mas/ New Year period...

Japanese word of the day: 取り消す~to-ri-ke-su~(Cancel) Think I'll still get mom to cook all the goodies despite cancellation of the get-together to stuff me as full as a turkey on a platter over the festive season...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home