ぼくの日記

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Building my "Rakuen"...

29th November 2005, Tuesday

Struggling to wake up this Tuesday morning as the usual work week curve acts on my mind and body which is in severe fatugue. I was staggering to work as well while thinking whether the lithium battery within my iPod is dying a slow death and new a replacement (which would cost about the price of a new iPod by the way). JxMMy is back but minding his own business, not getting on my nerves and had a pretty long facial hair growing out of his elongated neck (perhaps it's his new look for 2006) which I had spotted while enlisting his help to explain the results of a particular post-doctorate research fellow from the Great Mainland....

The last evening got me started thinking about another aspect of me settling down with my lass next year.... The shaping up of our bird..I mean love nest. Living with my folks in my current apartment definitely drew some indifferent looks from several of my peers who adopted that usual local mentality that newly-weds should have their own little living space. But due to several reasons I guess it would be a wise choice to just stay-put in my place ...

Therefore there would be a shuffling of personnel between the 3 rooms where we would be taking the master bedroom; my parents would shift to the current room belonging to my sister and her occupying my current space.
So basically we have only a bedroom to contemplate about and can channel our efforts and reserves to construct a nice, cozy paradise.

By coincidence, Channel 8 was showing a new variety program, "Home Decor Survivor" (you can read the synopsis on how the game is been played and rules been stipulated). I knew that was such a show but never really bother to watch as I was expecting the usual Mark Lee crap that had been around on Monday primetime variety spot for like ever while Bryan Wong is just another hair-thinning gay-boy who is still recovering from the scar of "Masters of the Sea".
It seemed like all the contestants would automatically choose Bryan for his ecletic taste in certain home furnishing and color coordination of the house painting; and of course having won the 1st 2 rounds sure tilt the advantage over him.
By drawing lots, the young couple who is getting married in the coming year (as I said almost every mother's son is marrying next year) seemingly unfortunate and unwillingly chosen Mark as their advisor while 2 gay-men (really baffled about their actual relationship) got their fellow gay friend, Bryan.
With the theme being "contemporary & modern", the teams had to look at the conditions of the current place and decided on how to revamp the living room with a tight budget of $5,000. It was a tight contest as Mark actually heeded the suggestion of his contestant to paint the room orange with white and furnish with some queer orange-based furniture and decorations including a human-size "Eye of Sauron" lightning which cost like 1K. Meanwhile Bryan's choice of galazy silver & olive green made his living room very contemporary but poor planning resulted in the budget only available for few pieces of furniture and that pathetically small LCD TV was not big enough to cover the horrendously-looking electrical plug on the wall.
So in the end Mark was estatic to finally break his losing streak and the gay-boys kissed their furnishing goodbye..haha suckers!

The show did gave me an insight on how to compliment the furnishing of your room with the color of your wall and the space available to you.
I will be drafting a rough sketch of the ideal design of my room soon, and perhaps a few game of "The Sims 2" can result in some unexpected insipirations...

My family would be embarking on a renewal of the wall paint with fresh colors from the existing one which had been around for like 5 years or so. We had our eyes on a new color by ICI Dulux known as "" for our room.

We will be talking to home decor contractors as well to find the most ideal one for the project which would cover my bed, wardrobe, cabinet and most importantly the display shelf in the living room for my figurines collection which I had been dreaming of for a while now.

I'm feeling all upbeat just thinking about it and raring to go....

Just got a call from Prima Tower after I had submitted an enquiry on their availability of the date we want and it is all green, now just to dropby and check things out...hopefully soon as the lady on the other line taunted me with the favorite threat, "first come first serve basis, hor..."
Japanese word of the day: 楽園 ~ra-ku-en~ (Paradise) Hoping to have endless hours of anime watching via my 29 inch LCD TV on my cozy platform bed


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home