ぼくの日記

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

High on Endorphin

7th December 2005, Wednesday

More marital updates for this midweek:

1) For like 3/4 of yesterday my lass had been on a scouting trip to Tanjong Pagar (near Vincent's UHN office) which is a haven for contemporary bridal boutiques. The first she hit was Z Wedding D'sign which took up much of her time as the outspoken sales personnel was convincing in her presentation which manage to throw in many items including a bridal car, gowns and suits for the ROM day, attire even for the bridesmaid, best man and even the parents; all at a price well within our budget which is a reasonable fraction of the price quoted by the lavish Irene's Creation at Delfi with much more to offer. She also went to scout on Ted Wu's boutique who produces avant garde design for bridal dress and gown but at a price half of 10K which deterred her at the instant.
It was blatant that her choice is leaning towards Z Wedding and while the original idea was to bring me down a couple of weeks later to have a look and pay the deposit, she "jumped the gun" by agreeing there and then and paid in off her own accords.
Although I would be footing the bill, I actually was glad she found one bridal shop that she likes and from the web page it does seem quite impressive...and all those added enticing perks...

2) As followed up to the plan to meet up the Japanese clique for a dinner later this month, I contacted the likes of Foo, Jack and Selina. I was really grateful the former did not hesitate a bit and agreed to help me out as a "brother" for the actual day. And while informing Selina that I would have good news to share for the dinner; she popped the bubble by disclosing my good news and said that I had mentioned to them the last time round..me and my blabbermouth...
Then I got to know that she would be holding her wedding next year as well with her beau for so long now, Kevin.
And by coincidence it would be a couple of weeks before mine and thus by some Chinese Ying-Yang auspicious rule from the sacred book of the Mountain of Zu, we cannot attend each others' wedding due to the 6 months buffer period (3 months before and 3 months after the date of your own wedding)...
But we do share any sentiments when it seems like the fact that every mother's son will be getting married next year for sure, so all of you out there with friends at the right age of marriage, prepare a monthly budget for "ang pow" money...

3) In tune to the motto of "looking good for my wedding" as well as keeping a healthy body (feeling very lethargic lately), I decided to take up a personal work out regime.
I decided to pay the staff exclusive gymnasium at the lobby of our building a visit for a light work-out today...
It looked pretty small from the outside but when I am in I was startled by the sheer area it encompasses..
The friendly staff guided me to the male changing room where the allocated locker is located and I suddenly felt if the fitness center for the NS-men RT sessions is as good, I guess people would pay to attend...

I'm no fitness guru and never intended to be one, I just do some weights that focus more on my upper torso and do sit-ups & crunches for the abdominal area which I seriously need to trim. Of course for someone who for most part of his life detest gym and all equipments within, I was doing perhaps mostly the wrong way which a female instructor was there to guide us along.
For the early part I was perhaps the only one around doing weights and BY & YM who came back minutes after me went straight to the threadmill for a short jog of perhaps around 10 minutes which I didn't notice them sweat a bit, thus becoming skeptical that jogging on the threamill is half efficient than jogging in the wide open when the heat and humidity would make sweat (alalalalong~~)
Anyway I was totally gasping for breath after a 2nd round of weights and proceed to wash up and felt actually quite good...
And on advice of Bobby is that I should do some cardio workout, so as skeptical as I am, I am thinking of giving the threadmill a try tomorrow.
So I hope to cultivate the daily workout habit with this facility free of charge to staff of our company with weights on odd days and jogging on even days...
Well hope I can have enough discipline this time round...

Lastly something not so related to my wedding, my lass actually agreed to pay for a complimentary ticket to a long-awaited concert for her favorite English boy band, Backstreet Boys' one night only concert in SIngapore after a wait of a decade too late...
I actually agreed to tag along as it was not the untalented, over-rated & narcissitic Taiwanese brats band she favored so much (which by the way she exchanges her shift work to work on X'mas just to be free to attend their concert later this month).

And secretly I used to play the BSB's cassette of my sister back in my younger days, crooning to the tune of "I would never break your fart..I mean heart" as I was longing for the affection for my crush that period...and trying to reprise the role of Nick "whose ass is twice as big as mine" Carter...ooh yeah and I haven't touch on my PJ & Duncan's "Eternal Love" story...heehee


Japanese word of the day: 運動~un-dou~ (Work out) so that my ass would not grow as big as Nick Carter's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home