ぼくの日記

Friday, December 09, 2005

Toning Down For the weekend

9th December 2005, Friday

The construction around the MRT station at my workplace has been continuing become a pain in the neck for me.
First they demolished the original overhead bridge which served us so well all this time and put up a scaffold like intermittent one which BY always felt would one day collapsed (*Touch Wood!*) which is like 700 miles away from the original one and not one you would really wanna take when you are in a rush...
This prompted people like myself to jay-walk across the busy Bouna Vista Road hoping to save their few minutes at least..of course the incidence of a deadly accident is high, so the good people from perhaps LTA and perhaps the construction company decided to rig up fenced barricades over the area which we always referred to as "go-go-go" (the acronym we used when we felt it's safe to dash acorss the road)...now walking to the station takes a total of exactly 4 days instead of 10 minutes in the past...bummer....

Back at work, YM's roller-coaster mood got an upturn as she is busking in bouyant aura, happily interacting with Triana, the new attachment student (her name I think is Zi Yue) and yes even Lance, which is an extreme twist of the episode early on in the week.

I had un uproar in the morning with regards to the poor quality of the results overnight which really wasted all the efforts we had put to prepare it. Adopting the role of detective which JxMMy is so well-versed off, I came out with some speculations (which are all wrong) and throw in some solutions (which really did work).
And of course replendishment of a crucial consumable which was promised to be sent by yesterday afternoon which never came. Then realising the sales-person handling is none other than MPD who can be the least professional and remotely responsible, sent me into an uncontrollable fit, bawling out to demand her to make sure it is in by today...

Partly of my pique in the morning could really down to the fact that the various muscles all over my body is aching like there is no tomorrow.
Especially my left bicep's tendon to the fore-arm is so painful I can't even stretch out my left arm straight...not to forget the ability to engage in everyday activities like taking off my tops (which requires my arms to be straight) as well as carrying a 5 litre full of water needed by the "white elephant" robot which is a usual routine of mine.
This really indicates that how badly toned up my body is with a stark absence of regular work out...
However regardless of all the aches, I was still inspired to go work-out which I believed had finally got the discipline kicked in...
Ran a good 40km on the threadmill today...using a manual program at 7.3 kph for 30 minutes with an inclination (much like resistance) of 3...
Sure it was tougher than yesterday and by the 20th minute I was contemplating of slowing down but only minue 2 minutes of the mark..which still makes me pale in comparison to the auntie beside me who I believe jog like for 30 minutes at higher speed as well...I feel wretched at the moment...
What's worse my work-out session ended prematurely as I badly sprained my right pectorals while doing the after-jog crunched which left me cowering in agony outside the gym..HA HA SUCKER!

Got a news that there would be an admission slapped for the gym come next work year (around April)... I knew it..all good things don't last..simple business strategy..first they feed you with the goodies and like drugs once you cannot live without it, they charge you exorbitant price for it ..well if the price is reasonable (let's say 50 cents one time) and I actually like the concept of working out during office hour, I might consider continuing patronising them...

Anyway I feell my aged body should take a rest over the weekends with things to look forward to:

Saturday: Finally get to meet my lass after a week or so since our banquet arrangement...well she is work ing on Sundays this month as well with overtime even on Wednesday plus the entire X'mas been sacrificed for her work, I gotta treasure every second spent with her as I doubt we will be seeing much of each other tille next year...

Sunday: Going for SIti's (from the neighbouring lab) wedding banquet. As much as I enjoy going to Muslim's wedding (good food, no need to big an "ang pow") I was taken about how staunch her parents and relatives were regarding the proximity of different genders especially strangers you had not seen ever in your lifetime. Thus for the whole celebration there would be 2 distinct sections, 1 for male and another for female and completely no interaction..For me I would be completely in solitude as I would be the only guy representing my lab (JxMMy was invited and doubt he would attend and even if so, me and him ain't exactly the best dining partners)..
Then there were other restrictions like only bright colored clothings allowed, and no sleeveless, revealing outfit and mini skirts which prompted BY to throw brickbats over but it is not as if she would wear those kind of clothes right?

Japanese word of the day: 筋肉~kin-ni-ku~ (Muscle) Wanna see that "rat" under my sleeve?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home