ぼくの日記

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Making up for the Absentees...

8th December 2005, Thursday

My arms are aching nonchalantly as I am typing this post..more on that later...

A relative quiet Thursday not because of the lack of bustling activities but there are several prominent absentees from time to time...

Bobby went for his escapade to Batam..Although he claimed that he is going with a band of friends as well as her girlfriend, we cannot take away the possibilities of him indulging in some promiscuous flesh trade..heehee...ignore me, just in a mood to throw proofless allegations on people today...

YM left before lunch to accompany her sister who has fallen ill to the doctors when with around 10 days of leave left to expand within the next month, she could jolly well take 1/2 day off everyday from now...

Our supervisor herself was off attending a dental appointment the entire morning when I intended to present my initiative value once more as I would propose a methodology in bulk ordering of a few consumables we regularly expend for our hefty project for Se ban...

I myself did a Houdini's disappearing act, 5 levels down to the gym once more as I tried running on the threadmill as mentioned yesterday.
The high-tech gadget we had here is pretty idiot-proof with buttons for you do choose whether you just want to burn calories or a more hectic cardio work-out.
I picked the former program and the screen led me through a series of information analysis such as which age group I belong, how many minutes I want to run, and at what speed.
I did a 20 minutes at 5kph but as more people started to utilise the same machine beside me I felt I couldn't contain that big ego in me and increased the timespan to 30 minutes and raised to the maximum of 7.3kph.
So there I was struggling to jog, hoping my heart would be pumping like it has not been for a while and the adrenaline rush...my heartrate been monitored by the sensor that I was mandatory to hold on to..
Of course the lack of the forces of the outside environment is obvious as I didn't really feel the strain of doing the jogging even 20 minutes into the schedule..no build up of lactic acid on my thighs, meaning I could actually go on much longer and only my arms are the main part of my body been perspiring profusely which is why i kept juggling with my towel to wipe them clean...
So after 30 minutes of regular run and 5 minutes of cool down jog, I clocked 35km (as stated on the machine) and feel the speed might be a bit slow..I'll try more rigorous cardio program tomorrow.
As mentioned in my Remedial Training in the past, I quickly did some crunches and situps to ride on the fact that my body is still burning calories away, so as I could really curb that huge abdominal area of mine.
The whole session today took around an hour and I felt pretty revitalised except for the strain on my arm muscles after the weights yesterday...hey I'm getting the hang of things...

My day actually didn't start well realising my favorite footballing club failed to move on to the knock-out stage of the UEFA Champions League...
Placing in a group with the likes of Villareal, Benfica and Lille, with no offence to the rest, they should have breeze through...
But 2 "0:0" draws with Villareal and a draw & loss to Lille, Man Utd is left depending of the vital final game at Benfica to "make or break" for their passage through.
Their recent form has been great including 4 straight wins and some senior players are back and their opponents missing 5 key players, it should be a forgone conclusion despite playing away but with a wretched twist of fate the players couldn't contain their Portugese opponents and lost 1:2...
Not only did they fail to make their mark, they couldn't even enter the UEFA cup as they languished at the botttom of the group...sigh
To add salt to their wounds, they have to see close rivals like Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea making it through without breaking a sweat...
No wonder Sir Alex's head is on the chopboard very soon...
Well some optimistic supporters would say at least the squad can concentrate more on winning the league this year..2 words "DREAM ON!"...

Japanese word of the day: 消える~ki-e-ru~(Disappear) Hope my tummy could do a disappearing act as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home