ぼくの日記

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Eyes Glued on the Monitor

1st November 2007, Thursday

My last post before flying off to Japan...
Mood now not exactly brimming with excitement...Just looking to take a good rest from work
Not being condescending because I had been there umpteen times, and I for one vouched for the fact that each return to Japan, can only bring new excitement
My muted mood can only be good as no anticipation means no chance for disappointment...

Our dear Sel who "meddlesome" surely is now her middle name had forgotten to bring along her credit card...
She tried to contact me before her flight yesterday but I was too engrossed in my engagement of battle with the pesky eternal knights in "Hoshigami Remix" to really hear my mobile buzzing...
She eventually did got hold of my missus and apparently her poor old man had to pass it to us before our flight out and we could relay to her when we meet up...
As Foo suggested, dinner will definitely be on her as she can used the credit card to foot the bill..

Spent my day at work with my eyes glued to the monitor as I rushed through the reports for the project I had labored for the past month or so.
Working on the report is not daunting (as long as the results are good) but looking through each individual subset of it to check on the clustering can be a torture...luckily I managed to endure the torrid time and successfully done with it...
Complimenting the effect of waking up early and sweating it out in the gym, I am looking forward to falling into deep slumber on the plane for perhaps the first time ever tonight...

Ghost of my past came haunting me yesterday..actually not as gloomy as it sounded actually..
Somehow our old chum Howe Chern remembered the URL to the DJ Su chatroom we had frequent in those days of bewilderment before she left the radio station and Singapore for good and the club got disbanded as a few of our "clique" still kept in contact over the course of the last 8 years or so...
It seems like the chatroom has never been taken down and members of the club still went to chat years after the peak of Su's success, even the DJ with "an infectious personality" was still looming in it till 2005...
Finding the chatroom and caught up with one former member Betrand was like finding your long lost toy years after it was gone...
As Howe said "old is gold"...in this age when BBS & chatroom or mirc had became obsolete, nostalgia is perhaps the only reason why we bother going there for a peek...

Alright, will be back in a week or so, till then, don't glue your eyes on the monitors at work or at home for too long... can sure make you groggy after a while...

Japanese word of the day: モニター(Monitor) The continued exposure to the light spectrum is scarring my cornea!

1 Comments:

  • Hey there, this is Bertrand!! I found your blog by chance while searching in Yahoo for the chatroom again. Let me tell you this is so miracle... I don't save the link of the chatroom in my favourites nowadays. If we had not chat in it the other time recently, you would not have blogged about it, i would not have found your blog. I viewed the pix in your blog and found a familiar face..but still i need both name and face to confirm identity. I do not have a blog, but u can find me at, http://profiles.friendster.com/ahhber

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home