ぼくの日記

Friday, September 09, 2005

Disorientated

9th September 2005, Friday

Coming to the end of the week and felt a tingling feeling of disorientation with respect of what to be done and where to go for the next few days...

Been cracking my brains on where to get a nice b-day card for my lass and I could only visualise Kinokunya at Liang Court where once I got a overly-priced but elegant Valentine's card (or was it X'mas?)
I knew Chan would be going down in the weekend to collect the manga magazines we had ordered months back and I had vouchers to utilize, so that would be the most logical choice as I feel the cards that can be found around my neighbourhood lacks lustre blatantly...
However the utopic situation for me was go down to collect tomorrow and head towards La Tendo together but it was not going to be so as he chooses to head there after his weekly pilgrimage of China Square Central on Sunday...

Well for the nice card ( I pray so) and for the voucher I could use to redeem my magazine, I might had found the exact reasons to leave the comfort of my room on Sunday afternoon and spent that transport fee to town...bummer...

It's BY's b-day today and I joined the gang to have lunch at this eatery joint known as "Philly's corner" within our workplace where the girls had been harping over the tasty sandwiches and set meals...
Price-wise it was still reasonable for a huge cheeseburger complete with fries, egg and bacon and a soft drink, only $8..

But the waiting time was a bit too long and when the food was finally served we found dead ants on the fries and frantically the waitress made a fresh serving but after a good 20 minutes as the frying oil might be filled with dead ants altogether, yum yum.."Fear Factor" style delicacy...

After 2 weeks of sabbatical, I finally managed to catch "Rock Star:INXS" again, but there was a new-found fellow fan of the show in BY who found this gem on TV a wee bit too late, and was totally crazy about Marty...

The final 5 were Marty, Mig, Jordis, J.D. & Suzie with Deanna & Ty been eliminated weeks before respectively; and on Wednesday the 5 had to do a couple of performances, first a requested song from viewers worldwide as well as a self-composed song...

Marty's and J.D's self-composed tunes were both superb but the audience voted for the latter to do an encore last night while I actually preferred the former's "Trees'...

Despite the encore presentation, J.D. was one of the bottom 3 together with Suzie and surprise surprise..Jordis...
It was the powerful Jordis who seemed very much distracted over the past 2 days and INXS had to axe her despite she promised so much...

Tearful departure for the youngest contestant of the competition but it would be the last we see her for sure....
Jaa ne, Jordis


Japanese word of the day: 蟻~a-ri~(Ants) Found some in out fries today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home