ぼくの日記

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Miraculous Revival

8th September 2005, Thursday

Just like in my dream the night before, my PC's hard disk revived with a touch from the heavenly beings last evening as I attempted to switch it on again...

Despite so I could felt something wasn't right as before in terms of processing speed and other glitches, which prompted me to hasten my backup of the important, treasured files to my portable hard disk before it decided to gone for good

I'm also adamant in my decision to do an overhaul of my PC which suddenly donned on me that it is definitely the right time afterall, just a bit tight on my budget for the rest of the year that's all...

This fiasco also provides me a golden opportunity to meet up with one of my buddies, CS whom I had not seen for a good 8 months as well mainly due to his work and domestic commitments, so I'm actually quite looking forward to coming Monday which I had requested for off from my supervisor for the special request to come back to work on Saturday not long before...

Well unexpecting a revival of my hard disk, I made a special request to my lass to loan me her laptop for the next few days in which I could at least work abit on my travelogue and was pleasantly surprised by her new hair-do which has to be her shortest and thinnest since I had known her, and proven that my disillusion about her looking bad with short hair is not justified...

In return of loaning me her notebook, would be helping her to download stuffs of her fave Taiwanese boyband who is pretty busy to appear on TV these days with the release of their brand new album...que sera sera....

Beside chatting with CS over the phone for a while in which I was made known of the fact that he and his girlfriend (nicknamed QTee, stands for quality time) are planning to apply for a HDB flat and yet he got the cheek to be bothered by not be able to find the opportunity and plan to do his proposal; I had good chat with Cheryl and TW over MSN, making my hard disk revival even more worthwhile...

Cheryl been pretty cooped up with her job (who isn't?), hang in there girl....okane no tame ni, isshouganme shigoto o ganbatte kudasai...

Typhoon Nabi had been hitting southern Japan ,Kyushuu and Miyazaki especially and was supposed to head pass Osaka which TW was actually anticipating despite the detrimental results it might incurred..strange guy as always...

Back at work today, my supervisor and colleagues (mainly the guys) had been pretty jittery of the safety audit of our service lab as we are been auditted under a seperate institute, which might also open the door to get some reprieval from the failure that hit our institute hard the last time...

It would be BY's b-day tomorrow and the gang are buzzing with organising a karaoke session and seems like the new lad, Bobby can really click with them in one hand and adopt a stoic mode with JxMMy at the other; really is flexible...well perhaps he was the bit of fresh air they had been ooking for...
YM had been on my back to do my rendition of the Spanish/Brazilian song which bring them such joy and entertainment the last time round but it is had to do the same exact performance with the same choreographed feel and tempo which makes me reluctant to condescend to their ardent requests...

Talking about birthdays, my lass' b-day is around the corner as well, next Tuesday to be specific, I had already bought her a watch for a gift earlier the year and don't really have the cash to get her a lavish dinner and present this time of the year but I hope I could think of something to reprieve myself on the dour proposal to her...man I'm feeling more and more as a piece of huge, unromantic deadwood....I need a mentor in this field man...

Japanese word of the day: 復興させなさい(Revive) Our of miracle, my dead hard disk came back alive, good grief

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home