ぼくの日記

Monday, September 12, 2005

Got a machine so powerful....

12th September 2005, Monday

Finally got my new PC setup but my buddy CS today...

My new PC configuration is as follows:
  1. MSI 915P Neo2-FR ICH6-DDR2 PCI-E with INTEL LGA 775 630 3.0GHz Processor (Motherboard with Processor Chip)
  2. TWINMOS 1024MB 4300/533 DDR2 (512MB X2) (RAM)
  3. Maxtor 200GB 7200RPM HDD SATA (Hard Disk Drive)
  4. PowerColor X800GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-E (Graphic Card)
  5. LG GSA-41678 16X DVD Writer
  6. ICute 1286SL-8S Casing 400Watts PSU (Tower Casing)
Got the entire package from Fuwell from Sim Lim Square (where else?) and after been cajoled by the attendant, I agreed to allow them to fix the whole thing up for me as to ensure the BIOS of every part is working well...
At first CS was a bit skeptical and felt we should fix up on our own, but after checking the worksmanship, he was pretty impressed and felt we would not do a much better job in the end

The entire package cost me around $1200 which is slightly above my budget but from CS, I have got a machine powerful enough to summon SCUD missiles to bomb any 3rd world countries

We were lucky to reach home before 3 as the storm was about to arrive and spent the good next 4 hours, installing all the programs I needed (CS got ALL the LOBANG!!) as well as formatting my huge HDD and installing the Operating system...

Beside the speedy processing speed, I was really salivating over the possibility to read/wrote DVDs now as well as able to connect my graphics card to my TV, which allowed me watching comfort as the PC monitor would strain my eyes over long exposure..

CS also is very efficient in bantering me to join him into endless hours of fun with PC games like "Guild War", "Dungeon Seige II" & "Dragon Shard" but more than once I had been telling how preoccupied my time will be for these days

But overall it was a great day to get together as once more both of us got head over heels about building a powerful PC which is always CS' fave hobby to indulge in

Japanese word of the day:強い ~tsu-yo-i~ (Powerful) that is what my new PC setup is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home