ぼくの日記

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Shake up my Space

11th September 2005, Sunday

Ahhhh....just came out of shower, after feeling hot and sweaty in this humid weather, after rounds of vigourous......s......squaring up of my room...

Well it's never something a lazy bum like myself would want to do on regular basis but there is a dire need to do some cleaning up especially with the truckload of stuff I acquired from Japan still lying all around for the past week or so... Tomorrow I'm meeting CS to rig up my new PC and thus I had to clean up my computer workstation as well, while digging up some installation softwares I might need to gear up into the new hard disk...

Seriously I think if I am to quit my current job, I would be a great rag-&-bones man (or what affectionately known as karang guni here). I really have way too much junks mounting up everywhere in my small, space-restricted room...

From nice plastic or paper bags I had accumulated, hoping to put to some good use in the future but never to old packaging boxes for my toys, electronic gadgets, accessories etc., to brochures enough to distribute to the patrons of Comex & Natas Holidays combined...
Something got to be done, and I had to be ruthless in discarding some unwanted stiff some I think dated 10 years back and eventually generated 1 big bag of garbage with 3 smaller rubbish bags...

That aside I recieved 2 rude awakenings in the cleaning process:

  1. My room is like a bloody magnet for dust and mildew and regardless how studiously I had been wiping them away. My displayed toys collection has always been on the brunt of dust accumulation; despite my heart sore everytime I witness the process, I had totally no control about it. Mildew is even worse, they clumped together with my fallen hair follicle to form a unsightly dustball which like the human population in India, cannot stop growing in numbers..
  2. I had to seriously cut down my collection. It's not down to my budget but space is the major factor. Now I have no enough space to store my toys already and I am green with envy towards Karen who has a spare room just to store her collection. Next I wonder how many display shelves I need to make to display my entire collection of mini figurines which I'm sure numbered to around a few thousands now.
Well with neater and cleaner environment to work and live in, my mood is definitely slightly better as well...
Japanese word of day: 掃除する~sou-ji-su-ru~ (Cleaning up) Not the big annual Chinese New Year spring-cleaning but good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home