ぼくの日記

Monday, November 12, 2007

A Nice Way to Return to Reality

12th November 2007, Monday

Touched down Changi Airport Terminal One an hour plus Sunday morning when at least 4 other commercial flights loaded with army of passengers were arriving as well, clustering the arrival hall and slightly delaying our processing time...
On Sunday went to help out La Tendo with their shifting into the new place at Kallang Leisure Park, more on that in a while...
Will be spending this laid back Monday attempting to complete my holiday journal as much as I could before work kicks in tomorrow...what a dreadful thought...
Since we came home rather late last evening, the missus too needed another day of rest and due to the shortage of annual leave to spare, she took the next best option...Medical leave...

So about our 9 days tourney from Kansai to Kanto, crossing to Japan's 2nd largest city to ancient capital of the Imperial era to the vibrant capital incumbent...
From experiencing 2 world-renowned theme parks to tasting many signature Japanese delicacies to hopping on board the shinkansen (新幹線) to visiting landmarks like Tokyo Tower, Mt. Fuji & Kinkakuji to being well-serviced by the great staff of our authentic Japanese ryokan in Kyoto, I am sure my sister and her beau got a fair share of the bargain for their very first trip to the magical land of the rising sun...
As for myself and the missus, it was also another nice break from our work and an opportunity to spend quality together, kicking in a bit of romance in our stale marriage life one year into it...
The down side of course is that I felt I had spent way too much...
I have exchanged an amount unrivaled to my previous trips yet I only manage to leave a teeny bit for the next trip to an extent I even restrict my missus' expenditure in the last few days which I shouldn't have coming to think of it...
However in the end I think I will recouped a bit since I had helped the lads to get some figurines...
I also managed to find the wonder of air tight bag to pack the clothings which helped minimise packing space in the luggage.
Kudos to my wife for making some wise choice throughout the trip and once again proved to be my best traveling companion and the one to keep a level-head against that quick tempered nature of mine...
Compliments have to be given to my sis and her boyfriend as well for always meeting the time allocated and reduced any arrears we had accidentally made...
It is also proven with a good map and a sense of orientation, anyone new to Japan and know nuts of the language can easily roam the country...
Now awaiting the next trip..heehee

As mentioned spent a good deal of the day helping out La Tendo with the move...
Preceding that I had a late lunch with my in-laws as my elder brother-in-laws was treating the family for his birthday which is around the corner...
We had tried to impose a bit of diet since the trip had add on some inches around our waists but in front of crispy Peking duck and braised shark's fin, we succumbed to temptations...
However we were put to some work out with the packing and moving of goods from the old shop in Sunshine to the new place at Kallang...
The newer place is surely bigger but not necessary be big enough to store the amount of goods they had garnered over the years...
At the end of the day even with the help of the entire gang (including Annalisa), we only managed moved around 30% of the goods to the new place as the transportation should continue for them for the rest of the week for sure...

The locality of the new shop has always been a topic of hot discussion as its inaccessibility will have a cascading effects on the overall sales...
Without the MRT connection for the next couple of years and only a single bus service to the indoor stadium area, it would be a hindering factor for regular customers to patronize the shop at regular basis as of now...
On the flip side the residents around the area seems loaded and the presence of Cold Storage supermarket, the bowling alley and eventual cineplex and ice skating ring should be able to pull in new market for the shop which we all hope about....

Anyway glad that the gang enjoyed the gifts we brought from Japan which had contributed to much of the weight of the overall luggage...
Days tp Ferris wedding which I played a big part of being one of the accompanying brother troop as well as the emcee of the banquet, so some level of anticipation there...

Time to get back to my journal and continue to assimilate back into reality back home after all fairytale adventure...

Japanese word of the day: 現実 ~shin-ji-tsu~(Reality) Actually I am glad to have this reality with my friends and family back here in Singapore yet able to fly frequently back to Japan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home